Tuesday, February 10, 2009 

It's Simple!


Sounds like good advice. How come everything that taste good is usually bad for you. Seems like I've been gaining and losing the same 4 pounds for weeks now. I lose it.....indulge....gain it back....work really hard...lose it... indulge....gain it back.....do you see a pattern here?

Seems I'm always looking (wishing) for a way to lose weight without any effort on my part. I know it won't happen but I'm the eternal optimist.

My "latest fad" is coconut oil. The Columbia University Flat-belly diet. According to Dr. Oz belly fat is really bad for you and can lead to heart attacks, strokes, etc. The diet is 1500 calories a day and four belly-flattening teaspoons of coconut oil.

Breakfast: 1 egg scrambled with 1 Tbs. low-fat cheese, 1 cup berries, 1 Belly Flattening Muffin or 1 apple with1 Tbs peanut butter, 1 cup lite yogurt, 1 belly flattening muffin or
1 cup fat free milk, 1 banana, 1 belly flattening muffin.

Morning Snack: 1 Super belly flattening muffin

Lunch: 1/2 can water packed tuna, 1/4 cup diced vegetables, 1 Tbs lite Mayo, 1 slice Fat-free cheese, 1 whole wheat pita, 3/4 cup grapes or

2/3 cup cooked whole wheat pasta, 1/4 cup each sliced carrots, bell peppers,celery, and low-fat cheese, 2 Tbs lite dressing , 1 pear or

2 oz lean deli meat, 1 diced hard boiled egg, 1/4 cup low fat cheese, 3 cups salad, 2 Tbs lite dressing, 4 whole-grain crackers or 1/2 whole-wheat pita

Dinner: 3 Oz skinless chicken breast chucks, 1-2 cups frozen Asian -style veggies and 1 tsp garlic stir-fried in 2-3 Tbs. low sodium soy sauce with 2 tsp. coconut oil, 3/4 cup brown rice. or

3 oz lean steak, 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce, 1 cup sliced mushrooms sauteed in 1 tsp coconut oil, 1 small baked sweet potato, 1 tsp coconut oil, 1 cup green beans. or

6 oz cod or flounder broiled with 1 tsp. coconut oil and seasoning to taste, 3/4 cup brown rice or boiled potato with 1 tsp coconut oil and 1 Tbs.Parmesan, 1 cup steamed broccoli

Snack: choose one daily
2 Tbs raisins, 8 almonds, 8 tiny pretzel twists or
1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese, 1/2 cup berries, 1 Tbs. sunflower seeds or
2/3 coup light yogurt, 1/3 chopped fruit, 2 tbs low-fat granola

Taken from Woman's World Front Page Feb.16

"Discover the little-known cooking oil that Melts 6 pounds and 3 inches of belly fat a week! Use it instead of olive oil or vegetable oil ....and lose up to 130 pounds"

Super Belly Flattening Muffins:

1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbs. baking powder
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup fat-free milk
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 egg lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mist muffin tin with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix flour, oatmeal, sugar, baking powder and raisins. In small bowl, blend milk, oil, egg and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients;stir until just moistened. Fill 12 muffin cups almost full. Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan

Make 'em from a mix

Start with a fat-free mix that makes 12 muffins, such as Krsteaz Fat-free Cranberry-Orange Muffins. Prepare batter according to package instructions, then stir in an extra 1/4 cup melted coconut oil.

What the heck....I started it yesterday and lost the 4 pounds I gained. It doesn't taste bad, I like a diet that say you must eat 2 muffins a day! Supposedly it suppose to help you store less fat, burn extra calories, target you tummy flab and feel less hungry.

My grocery store carries coconut oil so I don't have to mail order it. Why not try.

Mr. Wonderful saw a young man at church the other day with a very large belly. He looked at me and said, "Don't ever let me get like that." So....he is on the same diet with moderation. He even let me measure his waist so we'll see if it works.

Daisy Dilemma: If it's too good to be true would you try it?

Labels:

I think you need to count your zeros Ma'am! 15,000 calories/day??? That coconut oil must be pure GOLD!

WOW!! Sounds good but today i started on the Curves Food plan. I am trying hard to stick to it...I have to stay on 1200 calories the first week and the 1500 the next 3 weeks..hopefully I can do this..i need to lose 20 lbs...somehow..Well it is almost time to go to Wed night church...take care..

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates