Wednesday, October 22, 2008 

Soup-er


As the fall weather turns cooler I've been turning to soup to warm me up at lunch time. I work in an area that is not heated well so I'm always cold.

I made some vegetable chilli and found some really good soup from V8 that are vegetable based. It helps with getting enough fluids too. Since it usually makes a cup, I share it with Mr. Wonderful. Soup and a sandwich goes over pretty well for my hardworking guy.


Our food bills have been cut in half since my capacity is so limited and since I started cooking casseroles and putting them up in individual portions. I'm making up Italian sausage and red rice and beans while I'm gone.

I've been eating a pack of peanut butter crackers with my soup to get in my protein. So far it has worked out well and I look forward to something hot at noon.

Daisy Dilemma: Do you remember the book "Stone Soup"? I wonder if that concept would work well with a small group dinner? Just a thought!

Labels:

Mmmmmm... Stone soup is one of my favorites! Turns out different every time ya make it! I wonder why...

You should just make up some Peanutbutter Soup - then you could forgo the crackers! LOL!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates