Friday, February 17, 2012 

Day 3 and all is well

Well, it's been three whole days now and things are going pretty well. The smoothies are good and my sweet hubby got me a Ninja Blender for Valentines Day. Whoa Nellie, is it ever powerful and sharp! I cut my finger washing it before I ever used it. It makes short work of ice cubes and other ingredients.

I've been really good at not grazing in the evenings. I will pop a 100 calorie snack bag of popcorn to munch on and slowly eat it one kernel at a time to make it last.

I haven't seen a rapid weight loss but I'm sure that is more wishful thinking on my part. We leave on Tuesday for Canada for a week so I'm sure it will make it a little harder but nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'm really looking forward to spending time with my Emma and her mom and dad.

Meanwhile its one foot in front of the other and keep on keeping on. This is a recent picture of one of my dear friends from high school. She underwent weight loss surgery about a year ago. She went from wearing a 5 x to a medium. I'm really proud of her and envious but her face really looks gaunt and she looks really old now.

I want to lose the weight but not look emaciated.

Oh well, I have a long way to go before I ever get to this point.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates