Tuesday, June 07, 2011 

Day 7 (The first week) Vision Casting


Most diet books I've read talk about "Vision Casting"....dreaming about what you want and how it will be when you accomplish the task before you. So hear goes.

When I lose my weight I'll be able to wear cute clothes. I know this sounds so superficial but I've been a "big girl" most of my life. My hubby used to tell me he marveled that I could get dressed so quickly for an evening out. It really wasn't hard when you only have a few items of clothing that actually fit you. I have noticed that as I lose weight and have more clothing options it takes me longer as I keep changing my mind . I still don't like what I see in the mirror but my body is changing everyday.

When I lose my weight I'll be able to buy clothing off the rack. Again, this sounds so superficial but I've always hated going shopping with other people because nothing fit me at a "regular store". I was always the fat friend that held the bags while everyone else tried on clothing.

When I lose my weight I won't have seat belt anxiety and will feel more confident to get on an airplane. Seat belt anxiety...will the seat belt fit or will I have to ask for an extension. Will the pull down table have room to pull down? Will I "lap over" my seat allowance and crowd my seat mate? Will the airline insist that I buy two seats! All real anxieties I've faced.

When I lose my weight I'll be able to dance at my son's wedding without embarrassing either of us. My son is in love with a fabulous girl and there is a wedding somewhere in my future. I want to be able to dance with my son and celebrate with him as he starts a new future with his bride.

When I lose my weight I'll be able to have more energy and do more "living" and less observing. It seems like we are in a rut, eat, sleep, work. I would like to do more living and less existing. As much as I hate to exercise I want to be able to climb stairs and not be "winded". I don't want my joints to ache because of some physical exertion. They say for every pound you lose you take off 4 pounds of pressure off your joints.

When I lose my weight I'll be able to play on the floor with my grand-babies and not worry "Will I be able to get back up?" Little boys and girls like to play cars, build blocks, roll balls all on the floor. I can get down all right....getting back up is always a challenge.

When I lose my weight I'll be able to accomplish a life time goal and be more confident and carry myself with more poise and grace. For as long as I can remember I've always been the fat girl, I look around the room and try to find some one bigger than I am. Most time, I am the biggest person in the room. I feel awkward and self-conscious. Losing my weight would be a life time goal that I've never quite been able to accomplish.

Whew! Well there they are! Probably nothing new or great insight but mine nonetheless! I'm a week into the 17 day diet and so far it is going well. I'm hopeful, which is an emotion I haven't felt in a long time.

Yesterday went well. I cleaned out my closet of winter clothing, clothing that I'm sure I won't ever wear, and clothing I wouldn't wear even if I could. Needless to say it won't take me long to choose what I'm going to wear in the morning now. I boxed up clothing that is the next size down so I can get to them easily. I got 11,000 steps in just working in the house. I didn't "veg out" in front of the TV till yesterday evening and by then I was really tired and enjoyed the break. No snacking or grazing either.

Today has already started and I'm behind....speaking of behinds, I need to get mine in motion.

Daisy Dilemma: What do you dream of doing when your weight is no longer an issue?

Labels:

Loved this post! I, too, need to lose weight for a lot of reasons. I have been big for pretty much my whole life except for my last year of college when I was dating my husband. Then right after we got married, we both started gaining weight and now I've gained back all of the weight that I had lost. Your list is inspiring. I need to write my own list for motivation. I look forward to following your blog!

i'am like your post make me have new ispiration

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates