Thursday, February 16, 2012 

What I'm doing now


Perhaps you noticed that I never got to day 17 of the 17 day diet.

Wow, I'm not dyslectic I have diet ADHD!

This is what I'm currently doing to lose weight.

I'm drinking Smoothies that Dr. Oz had in his book You on a Diet.

Because I tend to bounce from diet to diet I'm posting each of the smoothies here so I can find them again.

Get Lean Smoothie

2/3 cup ice, 3 Tbs cold water
handful of spinach leaves
1/3 cup cooked kale
3 orange slices
1/3 cup green grapes
1/2 peeled small ripe pear
1/2 small banana
3/4 tsp. chia seed

Wt loss boost: Chia seed boost omega 3s that can help restore energy levels, also high in fiber


Smarty Pants Smoothie

Blend 1 banana
1/4 cup blue berries
a handful of hemp nuts
1/2 cup apple juice
1 tsp. flaxseed oil

Wt. loss boost: antioxidants from blue berries and Omega 3s from hemp and flax target
ab flab, also high in fiber

Health boost: hemp supports brain neuron, blue berries are brain berries and are linked
to improved memory.

Better Sleep Cherry Smoothie

Blend i cup tart cherry juice
1/2 banana
1/2 cup soy milk
5 ice cubes
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Wt.loss boost: It will help you sleep more soundly, reduces craving and stimulates metabolism. Good sleep is the missing link in weight loss.

Health boost: Cherry juice is an amazing source of melatonin that aids in sleep.

Fatigue Fighting Protein Blaster

Blend 1/2 ripe banana
1/4 cup soy milk
1/2 can crushed pineapple
1/4 cup pineapple sorbet
1 Tbs protein powder
1/4 cup strawberries

Wt. loss boost: Soy adds protein

Health boost: Protein keeps you going all day long.Protein steadies the blood sugar and keeps you from crashing.

Get Glowing Smoothie

Bend 2 Tbs unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup Almond milk
1/2 cup pineapple
1/2 cup mango
1/2 cup ice

Wt Loss: contains Vitamins A,B,C,E and enzyme bromelain to sooth internal inflammation.

Health Boost: fights wrinkles, puffiness and great for the skin.

You drink one for a meal replacement for one or two meals and eat a sensible meal . In addition to this you can eat three snacks a day mostly fruit, almonds, or hummus with vegetables.

* So far I've lost 3 pounds in two days
* The Get Lean Smoothie will turn your bowel movements green
* None of them have tasted bad but I've only had the Get Lean Smoothie, Smarty Pants Smoothie and Fatigue Fighting Smoothie so far.

Labels:

so adore U! I went on diet 9 days and I couldn't any longer!:P

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates