Monday, April 23, 2007 

Monday Morning Moaning


Have you really exercised if every muscle in your body isn't screaming at you?

I dragged my lazy daisy self to Curves this morning....45 minutes later and 15 minutes of stretching found me a "dewy daisy" (since southern women don't sweat...we glow!)

I really concentrated on every thing I was doing. I tried really hard to make every move count. I was deliberate in my motions and in my motivation.

I've been going about this all wrong. If you do the right thing for the wrong reason does it still count? If you go about feeling defeated haven't you already lost the battle? If you go to Curves thinking it will never work should be surprised if it doesn't?

Beckie and I took our first stroll this morning. She was pushing her grand baby in the stroller I had Spot the wonder dog with me. (Poor Spot is nearly blind and deaf as a post but always ready to go for a walk)

What did I lose? A pound of crummy attitude, my cares and worries, and the realization that it's not "all about me!"

Thanks God, I needed that!

Labels:

And are your going to Curves again tomorrow????

Wonderful!! See you did put a lot of effort into today!! I am very very proud of you. Sandy

Pretty soon you'll be able to push your grandbaby!

At THIS stage of the game YES - it DOES count if you do the right thing - even if it is for the wrong reasons! Get your body moving and renegotiate your reasoning along the way! God will understand your rough days - but if you ask Him to help and then get started, He WILL help!

Isaiah 65:24
I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates