Monday, April 16, 2007 

Birdeye View of My Weight Loss....



This picture pretty much describes my attempts at weight loss lately.

Don't ask, Don't tell....would describe it too.

I found out that what you don't know can hurt you and it pretty much looks like I'm on a destructive course.

When I stepped on the scale this morning I was sure some one else must have had their foot on it too or else I was wearing lead underwear.

I started out this venture at 283.....The scale read 280!

At first I was shocked, then angry, then disappointed, then reality hit me. Just because I haven't been counting calories doesn't mean that my body hasn't.

I thought up countless lame excuses, pointed the blame in every direction, and finally came to the conclusion I had no one to blame but myself.

I know the "beat yourself up game" ....I know the "Why even try" syndrome better, but I'm not finding comfort in either of those extremes anymore.

So I am making a not so quiet "U Turn " this morning and doing what I know I should do and what works.

I need your "atta boy girl" more now than ever before even though I know I deserve them the least right now.

I don't like my body image so it's time I changed it.

Please pray, "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"



(but not defeated!) Daisy

Labels:

YAY! NEVER give up! NEVER give up!!! God and me are with you babe! You be the Little Engine That Could ... and we'll stand back and watch your caboose shrink!

I love you, momma! You can do this. Emma and I are on our way there, and we'll take lots of walks with you.

ROFLing at Melli's "caboose" comment!!
I know you'd never believe it, but I was nearly 200 pounds at one time...I had to work really hard to get a lot of my weight off. So I DO understand how hard it is, and how discouraging and how disappointing this can be. But you can do it...I know you can...I love you just the way you are, but I know how it feels to look in the mirror and be disappointed in your body. This is something you have to do for you!!
Love you!!

You can do this! I know you can!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates