Wednesday, June 21, 2006 

What's wrong with this picture?


This was us a year ago. Our daughter Becky had a reception in Saskatoon June 18, 2005. We went to meet our new son-in-law Jerry and his family. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago.

This year (for the past 5 days) we've had Becky home with us for a brief visit. She won't be able to come at Christmas so she was able to cash in some frequent flier miles and come home.

It was so much fun to have her here. We shopped, and went to all her favorite places. We watched girly movies and the cooking channel and tried to get 6 months of talking in.

This afternoon I have to take her to Richmond and watch her fly off to a loving hubby and her "other life". We are so thankful for Jerry and know she has found her soul mate in him. It gives us peace of mind knowing she is not alone and so far away.

If I hate anything it would be the distance and expense that keeps us from seeing all of our children as much as we would like. Maybe it's a blessing, in that, our times together are sweet and cherished.

A year has gone by and I'm no further on my weight loss journey now than I was then. Time to do some serious soul searching and figure out what's wrong with this picture.

Reasons for losing weight:
1. Improved health
2. Improved quality of life
3. Increased mobility
4. More energy
5. Being able to fit into chairs with side arms
6. Cuter clothes
7. Better self esteem
8. Able to get health insurance
9. Decreased stress on joints
10. Able to travel

Reasons for not losing weight:
1. I'm lazy and do not want to put in the time it will take or the obcession with food.
2. I'm an emotional eater and "need my comfort foods."
3. I have never really faced "What's eating me".
4. I don't like to exercise.
5. I have failed so many times before, I question if it's worth the effort.
6. It is an emotional issue with me.
7. It's comfortable and I know the ground rules.
8. Food has become a friend and a crutch.
9. I'd have to come up with some other means of coping.
10. What if I fail again? If you don't try, you can't possibly fail.

Daisy Dilemma: Now what?

Mood: Sad

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates