Thursday, June 01, 2006 

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!


Quote of the Day: "Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin. (Grace Hansen)

Busy day today and the last two days. We are doing two containers for Haiti.

Tuesday: We filled the file drawers with items and had to do an extensive inventory of everything.

Wednesday: We filled the first container. It has hot, it was hard but we did have some really good helpers and we were finished and had the container pulled by 4 P.M.

Thursday: We started the second container. It was harder as we didn't have as much help and the guys were already tired from the day before. We were doing pretty well till My Mr. Wonderful cut his thumb down to the vein and had to be taken for stitches.

Fortunately the clinic down the street was able to do the stitches so we didn't have to go to the ER. We were in and out in less than an hour. The bad news is that it cost us 300 dollars and we have no insurance.

I asked the doctor specifically if he could continue working on the container and he said, "In front of Mr. Wonderful, absolutely not!!! " We went home and tied a plastic bag around his hand and bandage so he could take a showe.

So it's been a tiring and expensive day. I got more exercise than I planned on as we needed to move items into the contain. Tomorrow looks like more of the same except for Mr. Wonderful.

Whew, what a day!

Daisy Dilema: Looking for the positive spin on a very long day.

Mood: Very tired

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates