Thursday, July 26, 2012 

day 5

Today was a happy day.  The scale is finally starting to move in the direction I want and it's Thursday.  Thursday's are the day my friend Karen comes to help me at the mission.  We always have so much fun working together and it really makes the day so much faster.

Last Sunday when I started this current life change.  I asked her if she would be my mentor, sponsor , butt-kicker, adviser,  accountability partner and cheerleader. ( I don't ask for much other than a full time commitment  for keeping me on the straight and narrow!)  Being the wonderful godly woman that she is, she agreed and she is the perfect person having lost 100 pounds herself and kept it off.

So my wonderful friend has been sending me encouraging emails, cards and today she arrived bearing gifts!  Woo Hoo!  Was it chocolate?  Was it something gooey and heavenly? Not exactly but it was certainly something I needed.  She brought me a portion control plate so I have a visual cue on how much meat, grains, vegetables and fruits constitutes a portion.  Now my next task is to see how high I can make the pile without getting out of the border.  (Just kidding Karen!)

She also brought me the  2012 Calorie King Calorie, Fat and Carbohydrate counter which is the bomb!  Wow, talk about the mother load!    It lists everything including fast food and restaurants.  Bad News is now I can start looking up the calories.  She also brought me a food journal page for the week to write down what I've been eating.  So now I've been busted.....no more excuses!  Thanks a lot Karen (said with some sarcasm but with great respect!)

We worked on processing medical supplies today and I found out my friend is a great packer.  She certainly  can get a lot in what I already considered a full box!  With her help we were able to finish inventorying and boxing everything up.  Mr. Wonderful will take the list and put it out on the list server for other missions to use for the price of the shipping.

I actually went to bed at 10:30 .....that almost never happens.  I got the munchies during Project Runway so settled on some 100 calorie microwave popcorn.  That satisfied my sweet and salty urge.

So now I'm equipped, prayed up and on my weigh!

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates