Sunday, May 13, 2012 

Mother's Day (Day 13)

Welcome to my Mother's Day Dinner.  Our good friends Sandy and John came over and we share a meal together rather than make our guys take us out.  We figured we would eat healthier, and be able to hear each other at the table.
    Charlie grilled turkey burgers on the grill and grilled some vegetables too.  Sandy brought a rocking salad complete with mushrooms and sliced almonds for an extra crunch.  We had strawberries, blue berries and bananas for a red, white and blue dessert.
     I got a really nice card from our son and soon to be daughter-in-law, a call from my son, a call and and a really nice blog post from daughter Suzy, and two calls from my Canadians earlier in the week.  Charlie got me a new pair of sneakers, some new slippers and let me buy some craft materials for my button project.
    My eating was really good so I've been almost 2 weeks without carbs and sugar.  Who Knew?  The weight is not dropping off me like I was hoping it would but I just discovered I've only been taking a half dose.  So maybe I'll have better results next week.
   Wish me luck I'm on my weigh.

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates