Wednesday, July 25, 2012 

day 4

Yesterday was a hard day physically with lots of volunteers, lifting bags and 40 pound boxes.  The group stayed here till 3 in the afternoon which really stretched my strength and endurance not to mention my kindness, goodness and patience.

Some times having junior high helpers is more work than what work actually gets accomplished.  I'm convinced that there is a special place in heaven for Jr. High leaders!  We all survived the ordeal but now I have a lot more work sorting for the next group.

     We enjoyed the rain.  It certainly cooled things down temperature wise.  We've been eating our meals at the table, eating slowly, not gulping down our food, paying attention to what we are eating and savoring it.  I had a bowl of cabbage soup last night around 9 pm while watching TV.  I don't think I was really hungry but decided it would be the best choice.

Mr. Wonderful weighed himself this morning and found out he had lost 6 pounds.  He tells me that his stomach feels better and the arthritis in his hands are better.  I've lost 5 and half pounds since Sunday so I'm a happy camper too.....only 95 more to go!

Karen tells me I need to set some short term goals so I don't get overwhelmed so here goes!

1.  First 10 pounds I lose I would like to reward myself with a new bracelet.
2.  First 15 pounds I lose I would like to go to a movie.
3.  First 25 pounds I lose I would like buy a new dress.
4.  First 30 pounds I lose I would like to go on a hot date planned by Mr. Wonderful.

So those are my rewards and short term goals.  My big goal is to lose 30 pounds in the next 3 months so wish me luck I'm on my weigh.

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates