Monday, July 23, 2012 

day two

Today is Monday.  I usually start my diets on Monday but not this time.  I found this quote from Jackie Gleason that the second day is always easier....I have to agree. ( Not because I've already quit,) but because I'm gaining some momentum.

I ate my cabbage soup yesterday which was very filling and which I later learned has a diuretic effect.  Needless to say my sleep was interrupted by several trips to the bathroom.  I'm sure I've already lost some weight as my toes were not little stuffed sausages this morning.  Water weight loss is still a loss right?  I'll take whatever I can get!

I turned the TV off last night at 10 pm with every intent on going to bed however I got detoured into the kitchen and decided to put away the mess I had made earlier while preparing the soup and veggies.  One thing led to another and the next thing I knew it was 11:30.  The kitchen however was spotless, floor mopped, dishes washing in the dishwasher, trashed emptied, and a load of laundry in the washer.  I liked getting up to a clean kitchen, think I'll try getting it done earlier so I can get to bed earlier tonight.

We had a lovely breakfast this morning.  I made an egg-white omelet with cheese, green peppers and mushrooms with bacon.  I also cut up strawberries and cantaloupe.  I insisted we eat at the table and that we have a leisurely meal.  We tend to gulp down our food to rush to another project.  Were we late for work?  Yes, we were!  Guess I'll need to do more preparations the night before and start preparing the food earlier.


The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.  ~Author Unknown


My computer died at work so I took that as a sign I needed to work from home this afternoon.  I love it!  Right now I'm watching 10 swallows having a pool party in our bird bath while sitting nose to nose with my cat JJ (he loves watching the birds from my desk too!)  Mr. Wonderful calls it Cat TV.

So far this day has gone well.  I'm being a domestic goddess this afternoon cleaning the nest and occasionally reading a chapter or two of a good book.  It's a game I play.  (Clean for 15 minutes, read a chapter....hey it works for me!)  
 

     The real challenge comes tonight.  So wish me luck I'm on my weigh.

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates