Thursday, May 10, 2012 

Day 10 is not my friend

What a good thought!  So often I let my mind dictate what I want to eat.  It's been 10 days now without sugar and I can't say I miss it.  Don't get me wrong the desire is still there but not the craving. 
    Yesterday we had a farewell send off for some of our volunteers.  We bought Klondike Ice Cream Bars.  I adore Klondike Ice Cream Bars so I opted out of the celebration mainly because I really didn't want to watch everyone else eating them.  Out of sight, out of mind.
     I asked my hubby to store his treats downstairs in the man cave because it is much to easy to graze if they are in sight.  It has definitely helped.  I know I can go downstairs and get them but since it's inconvenient and I don't have the sugar craving I don't even think about them.
    No weighing today I'm trying to be good.  I read in an ivilliage post about good things that you can learn from fad diets.  One thing from the cabbage soup diet was that people lose more weight if they eat broth based soup than those that don't.  So last night I made cabbage soup with all the veggies and low sodium chicken broth.
Today I've been eating a bowl whenever I feel hungry.  It certainly is filling. 
    My friend Karen helped me sort clothing today.  I love the days she is here.  We laugh and talk and today we took a walk after lunch.  It was fun and a nice break so we have resolved to take a walk every week when we work together.  So today is going pretty well, wish me luck I'm on my weigh.

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates