Thursday, January 14, 2010 

Slim Again in 2010

Well the new year is here and it's time to stop over eating and get back into healthy. I managed to gain 14 pounds from Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. So it's time to stop the insanity and get back to doing what I know to do.


My sister bought me the Biggest Loser Complete Calorie Counter which has really been helpful especially for knowing what to order when eating out. So I am recording what I eat and researching the calories as well. I am much more aware when I record my eating. It is also helping me remember to drink water. I can't eat and drink at the same time so I forget to drink.

Mr. Wonderful gave me a hot pink Bubba Keg (32 oz) that I keep on my desk and drink through out the day. Being Hot Pink it is not easy to overlook.

I'm wear my pedometer everyday and am pushing myself to get in 10,000 steps every day. I've blown the dust walk of my Leslie Sansone Walking away your hips and thighs and have been doing the two mile walk every day (well since Monday) and even started using the toning bands 3 times a week.

So far it's resulted in sore muscles especially when I go to sit or stand (so at least the right muscles are being targeted!)

I'm into Carb Cycling now (as of Monday) which is working pretty well so far.

Week 1 and 2

Carb down for 4 days each week (such as Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)

On those days, have low-carb meals, and whey shakes at any time, plus one serving of starchy carbs ( such as oatmeal, pasta, rice, sweet potatoes, beets or carrots ) before 3P.M. Limit fat intact to one serving of healthy oils (like olive oil or flaxseed).

Carb up for two nonconsecutive days, (say, Wednesday and Saturday), having three carb meals- one before 3 PM, and two after 3 PM. You can really let loose on carb up days, enjoying pizza, ice cream, cake....even alcohol.

For the remaining "baseline day" ( for example, Sunday), eat two carb meals before 3 Pm and have 3 servings of healthy oils.


Excerpt from First Magazine Oct.26,2009

Labels: ,

If it's working for you I'm all for it! This would not work for me I know right now! I get waaaaaaaay to hungry if I have too few carbs in any given day. (shakey hungry!) Of course, theories on dieting change as often as our underwear so I just stick with what makes sense to ME - calories! Eat 'em, Burn 'em! LOL! Thursday night's aerobics kicked my FANNY! And I don't take kindly to that! So, I too am dusting Leslie off -- she's sO happy! But the bike will always be my PRIMARY aerobic activity! Again... it's what works for ME!

I can't believe you regained 14 pounds! :( Of course... I can't believe I regained 65 pounds either! Double :( LoL!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates