Monday, May 29, 2006 

It's Monday again!


Ok, I admit. I've had some really rocky starts, lots of stops, and many many detours. I realize this desire to lose weight is just a wish till I actually get serious about it and change my eating habits.

I did a few things right this week. I did get lots of exercise planting our garden. I did weigh in with my friend at work and this Thursday will be our first offical (did you lose any weight and why not?) weigh in.

I am recording what goes into my mouth (ok, so I started today....but at least I started!) I'm looking at portion control, high protein, good carbs, and no sugar. I do better if I cut out bread and sweets altogether. I don't miss them if I don't have them in my system. A little bit of sugar makes the cravings more intense and the next thing I know I've eaten way too much.

So for now they are definitely red flag foods. I agree with Leslie Sansone's quote:
When our energy is good, we're all capable of making good food decisions. The slips happen when we're tired, starving, rushed, or simply overwhelmed by temptation.

So here's to a good start this week!

The Lord our God said to us in Horeb,

You have dwelt long enough on this mountain. Turn and take up your journey and go to the hill country of the Amorites.....Behold, I have set the land before you; go in and take possession of the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob. Deuteronomy 1:6-8


Moses points out to the Israelites that it was only an 11 day journey from Egypt to the promised land, yet it had taken them forty years to get there. I have dwelt on this mountain long enough....it's time to move forward.

Daisy Dilema: Do I have the courage to move out of my comfort zone?

Mood: Deliberate

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates