Sunday, May 28, 2006 

Fresh Veggies Here I come!

Here I am planting my vegetable garden. Soon I will have so many fresh vegetables that I will need to either can or freeze them or set up a roadside stand.

I love fresh vegetables and they don't come much fresher than stepping out your front door to the garden to fetch "a mess of green beans" or gather crooked neck squash; tomatoes or fresh lettuce for a salad.

We planted tomotoes, bell peppers, eggplant, cabbage, cauliflower, squash, zuccini, cucumbers, lettuce, green beans, spinach, and herbs. It was a lot of work so I got all my exercise points in for the entire week. I certainly found lots of muscles that I never knew I had that are screaming at me today.

I haven't canned in years so it will be a relearning process. I may even have to come up with a whole new arsonal of receipes to showcase my lovely veggies. I so want to make some fresh salsa, and spagetti sauce.

Daisy Dilema: Can you really have too many vegetables?

Mood:
Hopeful of the" fruits vegetables of my labor!"

Oh, I wish it was me that had just planted a garden! I love having a garden! Can't seem to convince my husband though! I think he is afraid that I would put him to work!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates