Tuesday, December 25, 2012 

True Confessions

Dear Our Lady of Weight Loss....

Today is Christmas and I celebrated with my family with reckless abandon.  It wouldn't have been so bad if it was only today but unfortunately  my Christmas spirit and season of feasting lasts from Thanksgiving to New Years Day.

Now I"m filled with regret, recriminations and a body that looks like Santa except for the snow white beard.  Help me to Remember the Top Ten Holiday Commandments.

Top Ten Holiday Commandments

1.  Believe in thy self and honor thy body. (Be kind, loving, and forgiving to yourself, first and foremost.

2.  Thou shalt never leave home hungry.  Eat something before the party. A salad, fruit, and plenty of water.

3. Thou shalt stay clear of the buffet table.  Get thou away from food.  Engage in good conversation.

4.  Thou shalt not deny thyself a treat or two now and then.  Too much denial isn't a good thing.  Neither is filling your plate with all sweets and treats.  I'm just saying....

5.  Thou shalt recycle foo gifts quickly before you change your mind.  Give it away, candy, cake, and all red-light foods.

6.  Thou shalt keep thy hands busy.  Knitting, crocheting, cutting and pasting, drawing, writing - anything to keep your hands busy and your mind off food.

7.  Thou shalt stay away from sweat pants or pants with elastic waist bands. Wear snug clothing.  No room for expansion.

8.  Thou shalt walk- a lot.  Ask Santa for a pedometer for Christmas then use it.  If you already have one.  Use it.

9.  Thou shalt live in a no-alcohol zone.  The calories add up quickly.

10.  Thou shalt not covet they neighbor's plate, her ultra-thin body, or her ability to eat endlessly without gaining a single ounce.



Weighty Confession:

Forgive me for I have sinned.

Dear Our Lady of Weight Loss....I confess that I'm addicted to Sugar and have no moderation switch.  I seem to be an all or nothing kind of girl.  The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.  I will purge the house tomorrow of all goodies or send them downstairs into the "man cave" out of sight.  Thank you for a fresh start every morning.

All is forgiven move on.......

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates