Friday, August 17, 2012 

5 Bad Habits I Currently Have....

My exercise buddy and I just completed 2 weeks of exercising together.  She lost 3 pounds, I lost my will to live, my sense of humor, and two weeks.  The scale seems to be permanently stuck and refuses to move for me.  I'm thrilled with her success but I will admit I've picked up some bad habits along the way that I really need to drop.  (There are probably more than 5 but you know how much I love my lists!)

1.  Setting unrealistic goals.  When I finally decided to do something I plunge into it without reservation.  True, it does take me a long time to get myself motivated but I go "all in".  I don't seem to be an "all things in moderation " kind of girl.  So I'm thinking big energy expenditures should net a big weight loss.  I want to lose 100 pounds by tomorrow.  Lord give me patience, but give it to me now.

2.  Expecting to see results right away. According to ivillage,
Just because you can't see any visible changes yet, doesn't mean you body isn't changing. Instead of focusing on immediate gratification, focus on how you feel instead to stay motivated. Chances are you'll start to feel better, have more energy, and slowly start to feel less winded and stronger before you'll actually see your scale weight or dress size drop.  The truth is change takes time, so patience is the key.  Most experts agree that it can take 6 weeks  ( or more) to begin to see changes in how you look.
3.  Doing too much too soon.   Guilty! I've been exercising twice a day, once with Mr. Wonderful and then in the evening with my exercise buddy.  I've tried every machine and am trying to build up endurance as I'm not very good.  I've learned how to use a stability ball and am getting better getting up and down off the floor. My knee seems to be stronger, my abs hurt, and my legs feel like jello.  In my mind I know I have a "six pack of muscles" under all that fat.  I truly expect to see a big greasy spot on the floor where all the fat has melted away from the heat of my physical efforts. ( See habit 1 and 2)

4.  Not doing what motivates you.  So far I haven't found out what I like to do.  I'm motivated to exercise because I have a buddy that's sweating along side of me.  I do like sitting on the stability ball...Leslie Sansone calls it "active sitting".  Sigh, I'm such a lazy daisy!  I don't see myself as a runner (to hard on the joints) , not a swimmer,(no way am I putting this body in a swim suit ), not a biker (we live next to a highway) to old for basketball, or active sports.  Just getting vertical and putting one foot in front of the other is all I can do.

5.  Doing the same workout over and over.  The nice thing about our little community gym is that there are lots of exercise videos to try.  I haven't try belly dancing, kick boxing, hip hop or some other yet but you never know what this old Diva might try.  My exercise buddy is very patient with me (especially since I'm old enough to be her mother!)  So look out world I'm on my weigh.

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates