Saturday, April 12, 2008 

My first fill up!


Nope, not talking about having to take out a bank loan to put gasoline in our car. I'm talking about putting saline in the lap band. It was quite an experience but not really painful.

The surgical swelling is all gone now so food doesn't stay in the smaller pouch as long as it first did. Consequently I'm hungry faster and unfortunately can eat bigger portions.

To access the port they had me drink some strawberry flavored barium and I got to watch it go down using a fluoroscope . They stick a very long needle into the port and add saline. The cuff that lines the band fills with saline and the opening into the stomach grows smaller. The food stays in the pouch for longer periods of time because of the smaller opening. The whole thing took about 20 minutes and other than being poked by a needle it wasn't bad.

I'm on liquids and soft foods for the next day so of course we had to go to Sonic for a Lemon-Berry Cream Slush (after all it was Happy Hour!). I'm definitely not feeling hungry as often so am hopeful that maybe the weight will just fall of after all. HA!

Daisy Dilemma: What fills you up?

Labels:

JESUS fills me up! And makes me SMILE - so big my teeth fall out! Church was GREAT today!!! And I'm feeling EVER so much better since having talked to Pastor... PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Congrats on the fill! Hope it works JUST like expected! How often do you have to do this? I've never HEARD of this kind of lap band! This is ALL new to me!

ROFLing at Melli's teeth falling out!
Lately it seems like NOTHING fills me up...these hormones are raging, it seems....oy!
I'm glad your fill went well...now to sit back and watch those pounds melt away! :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates