Sunday, August 05, 2012 

New Habits

When my children were growing up we read a book about animal manners.  The ones that sticks with me still are "Bears Share" and "Little Rabbits have good habits".  Looking back over my blog since 2006 I found out that I am a good starter but not good for the long term.  I've started over every Monday morning for years!

Today the scale finally moved 2 and half pounds gone.  I was thrilled as I weigh everyday and had seen no progress in almost a week.  In my heart of hearts I know that the weight will not just drop off overnight but it still doesn't keep me from hoping it will.

There is an old saying that it takes 21 days to change a habit.  The theory is that if you do something for 21 days there is a good chance that you will continue to do the same thing on day 22 and 23 and 24 and beyond.  So I'm focusing on the next three weeks, on diet, fitness and faith..

" Habit is a cable; we weave a thread of it each day, and at last we cannot break it."  Thomas Mann

Thought for the day:  " When you form a deeper relationship with God, you can start establishing healthier habits, starting now."

This evening my friend Sandy came over for a marathon cook-a-thon.  We made turkey vegetable chilli, cabbage soup, and two crock pot dinners.  There was lots of laughing and catching up while chopping up vegetables and fruit.  Sandy started a new job and she told me that she has gained 10 pounds from stress eating and eating fast food.  Since I'm seeing results from healthy eating I decided it might be fun to do a  cook off while our hubbies were at a church meeting this evening.  I know I hate to have to cook when I get home from work.  I don't want to make one more decision so usually go with a bad choice because it's easier than having to come up with a healthy plan that demands more energy.  (Did I mention that I'm notoriously lazy?)

Misery loves company so we made enough food to feed both of our families for the next week.  I also cut up watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, blue berries and strawberries so they are readily available for snacking.

Good start of a good habit.  So wish me luck and say a prayer, I'm on my weigh.

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates