Tuesday, April 29, 2008 

Dieting 101



Simple rules to concentrate on:

  1. Eat only when my body is hungry: I often eat out of boredom or emotional eating.

Reduce the number of distractions while you eat: Allow yourself the pleasure of focusing on your meal. Be present at the meal...food is meant to be a pleasant experience. Taste, smell, savor each bite.

Eat while sitting down: Americans are famous for eating on the run, and much of our unconscious or mindless eating is done while driving.

Eat when your mind and body are relaxed. Take a quiet moment to invite the Lord of the wind and waves into your meal.

Eat and drink food and beverages that you enjoy: Too often, we get caught up in thinking we are "good" or "bad" based on what we eat. Food can't cleanse the heart no matter how little fat or how much fiber it contains. "For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Romans 14:17"

Pay attention to my food while I am eating. Be intentional and make meals enjoyable.

Eat Slowly and enjoy each bite. Stop habitually inhaling your food. You will be surprised how little food it actually takes to satisfy your hunger. As you eat more slowly your stomach can accurately signal your brain as to when your physical need for food has been satisfied.

Stop before my body is "full". Stop at a point of comfort before your body is full or stuffed.

Daisy Dilemma: Something I need to remember" Everything is permissible for me"-but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"-but I will not be mastered by anything. (1 Corinthians 6:12) What masters you?

Labels:

Cake & donuts. *sigh*

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates