Wednesday, February 27, 2008 

My inner thin woman is having a hard time....



They say that inside every fat person is a thin person trying hard to escape. My poor thin woman is having a very hard time escaping for sure.

I'm having a few hiccups from my surgery. The first occurred a week after my surgery. Every time I got up and walked around a little I got very weak and felt like I might pass out. After two days of this "horrible feeling" we went to the ER to find out what was going on.

After 8 hours, many consultations and lab tests it was decided that my fluid pill was depleting my electrolytes. I was given an IV and some potassium and told to stop taking it. My white count was up and I suggested they do a urine sample since I felt like I might be getting a UTI. They did and told me every thing looked good.

Monday, was a horrible day.....lots of gas pain and still not feeling very well. By Monday night there was no question that I had a full blown UTI. I felt lousy, burned when passing urine and was having bladder spasms. Tuesday morning I made an appointment to see a local physician and guess what? I have a urinary tract infection! SURPRISE!

Now I'm on an antibiotic and am slowly beginning to feel like I might actually live. I'm telling you, my inner thin woman is having quite a battle. She's struggling just to be alright right now. I'm sure these are just a few hiccups along the way and certainly things could be much worse.

So here's a shout out to the woman I am becoming.....struggle and all.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates