Saturday, February 16, 2008 

Day of Surgery



Today I'm having surgery for the lap band procedure. I've never had general anesthesia before so I'm really pretty nervous about the whole thing. I report in at 9:30 (which is about two hours before the actual surgery).

The surgery is laproscopic , a band is put around the upper part of the stomach forming a pouch that holds approximately a half a cup of food. The band gives you the feeling of fullness with much less food. Nothing is cut so the food is absorbed normally and goes through the small and large intestine and eliminated normally through the colon.

Today I was on clear liquids the entire day and went through a bowel prep. When I get home I will be on blended foods for the next 4 weeks.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates