Monday, August 13, 2007 

Side effects of Alli


I've been asked about the treatment effects of this product and yes there are definitely some.

What I like about this product is that the medication works in the digestive system so doesn't cause sleeplessness, jitters or increased heart rate like some appetite suppressants.

Since the product prevents some of the fat you eat from being adsorbed it removes the undigested fat through your bowels. This can happen within 48 hours of eating a meal. If the meal contained more than 30 percent fat the following my occur and Yes....I've had all of them!
  • Gas with oily spotting
  • loose stools
  • more frequent stools that may be hard to control
This is my second week of the program so I'm hoping it will be less as my system adjusts. I will tell you that when the urge hits you it requires immediate obedience! I have been wearing a panty liner (just in case) if I'm out and about.

So far it has been effective and easy to use so I'm sticking with it.

Daisy Dilemma: Are the treatment effects worth the high fat treat?

Labels:

Yeeeeeeeea... no. I already have to many bowel issues to even THINK about this! LOL! But I am SO glad it's working for YOU!!! YAY ALLI!!! YAY DAISY!!!

Thank you for answering this question. With my IBS issues I would NEVER try this. Maybe one day a magic pill will be developed that immediately takes 20 lbs off at a time...just like when the princess kisses the frog and turns him into prince charming. LOL

Until then, guess I'll just have to try to watch what I eat.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates