Thursday, January 14, 2021 

How Not to Diet


 Apparently, I'm not a good bear.  I can hardly get through the day without thinking about food.  Fasting 23 hours is not a fix for me.  So off I go onto the next diet that is to make you slimmer, healthier and the weight just falls off you.  Wow, if only I had a dollar for every new diet I have started, stopped, started again.  Well, you know...I have certainly posted about my hundreds of attempts to start.  So far I am not good at succeeding.

With that in thought in mind on to the next diet.  Keto doesn't seem to work for me which is somewhat shocking since I love meat, cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, bacon, and all fats.

I bought the 400-page book " HOW NO TO DIET" which is basically a plant-based diet.  It worked for Daniel and it may work for me if I really want it to.  I do take a blood thinner and green and leafy veggies affect the thinning rate.  So if I decide to stay on the diet I will probably have to adjust my medication weekly.

Today for breakfast I ate steel-cut oatmeal.  It is not flat and has to be cooked longer but has a nutty texture.  I added blueberries, strawberries, chopped pecans, and put in a tablespoon of sugar-free maple syrup. Now that was some good eating plus very filling.  I need to find other recipes. 

If you have ever tried a specific diet and found that it did not work, this book will explain why.  Everything weight related is covered: it's history,  personal struggles, health implications, supplements, medical procedures, social stigmas, effects of advertising / misinformation and of course what is proven to work.  And just like the author's last book, all the weight loss facts are referenced scientific studies.

The best part of the book is that it's interesting, and written in a manner that is intelligible for everyone.  By the time your done reading the book, your going to have a completely new outlook on weight loss, and a solid understanding about what truly works.

So wish me luck I'm on my weigh again....Starting weight 259






Labels:

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates