Sunday, March 12, 2006 

Hurgry People Make Bad Food Choices!


How's that for a great revelation? It's something I've always known I just never seem to apply it!

My weight is up again and I'm down. I yoyo up and down all week and it's always fasicinated me that I allow it to affect me. I think I'm better at not being so down on myself. I try to tell myself, "Ok, that was yesterday, today I will make better choices, exercise, drink my water, write down what I consume and be conscious of my actions.

That last for about 5 minutes, long enough to go get a drink of water and start thinking about what I'm going to do for exercise........Then the darker side of my personality starts to get the better of me and the discouaging tapes start playing in my head. You know the ones, the one that says, "You've failed at dieting so many times before, what makes you think you'll succeed this time?....you might just as well quit now! Why bother? "

I've finally decided that those bad tapes that I allow in my head have a name. The name is fear. I fear failing. I fear getting my hopes up and not being able to pull it off. I fear telling people that I am dieting for fear of the eyeroll and the look that says, "It's about time!" I fear the condescending looks and the "all you need is a little self discipline " pep talks from thin well wishers.

I've recently discovered that FEAR has no power over me. It is short for False, Evidence, Appearing, Real. Fear is an illusion. Everyone is afraid of something. Bravery is not the abscence of fear, bravery is doing what must be done despite being fearful. In short, do it afraid! So ifI try and don't succeed. Do it again, and again, and again, till I finally get it right.

Here are some Road Signs I've learned along the way:

  • Breakfast prevents you from overeating the rest of the day.
  • One surefire way to sabbotage good diest intentions is getting too hungry.
  • People believe the myth that if its fat-free or low fat, any amounts is O.K.
  • Any type of regular exercise is better than none.
  • Stress eating is not ok. Go do something constructive or as least get out of the kitchen.
  • Have a goal. Working toward something can keep you on track

I'm up as well. *sigh* But I honestly hav eno idea how-- I'm swollen beyond belief. Crazy body. We'll both do better next week!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates