Friday, March 17, 2006 

hmmm...Guess I'm not the only one!

"Why is it so simple to fall off the wagon, but next to impossible to get on? They say it takes 21 days to form a habit. For me I'd say it takes about 2.1 seconds to form a bad one. Chocolate, TV, and lazing on the sofa - I didn't need any period of adjustment for these. They just happened. "
( so she said, in one of her recent posts.)

It does totally amaze me how quickly I throw in the towel after all my great resolves and pep talks. I'm sure it's the course of least resistance and has been ingrained in my DNA since birth. I think the apostle Paul said it best... Romans 7 :18-19
"I have the desire to do what is good, but I can not carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do - this I keep on doing."

I really have nothing or no one to blame. So, I know what I need to do, now it's just following through day in and day out. Life is so daily.

According to Spark People:

To stay consistent long enough to become a creature of healthy habits, surround yourself with visual, written and well-placed reminders that steady the course and help you refocus. Use positive images and words. Find a visual that shows why you want to lose weight in the first place, or what you’ll be doing with your weight loss. A picture of your kids, the new dress you want to wear, a basketball.

Every day is a chance to build momentum or to slack. Every day, you have to decide to make the right choices. Keeping your goals and motivators close by helps you make that decision and feel good about it. Remember, this is a positive experience! You’re doing something good for yourself, your loved ones and your future. Don’t waste any opportunity to remind yourself of that fact and congratulate yourself on progress.







About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates