Saturday, January 14, 2006 

Red Flag Foods

Red Flag Foods

I've had weight issues all my life. I know how to diet. I've spent a lifetime on a diet. I've literally lost hundreds of pounds....only to find those pounds again as well as others that someone else must have dropped.

My theory: Weight is neither lost nor gained it is just simply redistributed. Some people have to gain weight so others may lose it. From my way of thinking lots of people should be thanking me for picking up their lost tonage.

Recently I read an article that really made sense to me. ( Leslie Sansone's Eat Smart, Walk Strong . It was called "The Dirty Dozen" and suggests avoiding 12 food categories . The article states that you have to be very creative to gain weight without these (which are all sources of either artery-clogging saturated fat or insulin-spiking refined carbohydrates.) Here's the list:

  1. Beef and Veal
  2. Pork
  3. Bacon, Ham, Sausage
  4. Lamb
  5. Full-Fat Cheese
  6. Butter and Margarine
  7. White Flour
  8. White Rice
  9. Potatoes
  10. Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil
  11. Sugar
  12. Sour Cream, Cream, and Whole-Fat Milk
It made sense to me so I've posted these on my refrigerator as a reminder.

A Red Flag Food is a reminder that Danger Lurks in these shelves. Red Flag Foods are foods that I particularly enjoy and have a hard time stopping with the suggested serving indicated.

Pizza is a Red Flag Food for me? Do you have a particular Red Flag Food? Posted by Lazy Daisy at 8:21 AM 20 comments

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates