Monday, January 02, 2006 

First Entry of 2006

Dieting.....again!

It's a new year and a new diet.

Always up for a challenge I started my day off with a exercise tape at 5:30 this morning. Yes, I said 5:30 A.M. (did you know that morning arrived so early?)

The nice thing about exercising so early is that your body is still asleep and thinks you're dreaming. By the time you are finished, your body has connected with your brain and jolted it into reality..... "Wake up idiot, you're in pain!"

"Oh", I say to myself, (as no one else is awake at 5:30), " I thought that I was having a very vivid dream, hmmm.....must have coffee....must have coffee now!" (Bet you didn't know a cave person lives inside my head did you? ....but I digress.)

In the spring a young man's fancy turns to thoughts of love. So why is it in January that every woman past the age of 6 , automatically thinks about dieting? Is it from the" holiday sugar haze hangover", or the ever popular "summer's coming and I don't want people to think there is a beached whale stranded, should I decided to catch some rays" rational? Is it genetically encoded in the female species?

I think it should be called "the mirror gene?" (Mirror, miror, I love steak and ham, is there anyone fatter than I am?...... oh come on mirror, there has to be someone!)

Does anyone really need help dieting? After all haven't we all done it hundreds of times before? Maybe dieting is to women, what hibernation is to bears.......just natures way of preparing us for a rude awakening come spring! Just a thought! Posted by Lazy Daisy at 12:45 PM 9 comments

About me

  • I'm Lazy Daisy
  • From Elizabethton, TN, United States
  • I am a married, empty Nester, missionary, living on the hillside of Tennessee, with lots of homespun humor and hopefully some insights!
  • My profile
  • Email me
  • My Flickr photos
  • Lazy Daisy Log


  • Links


    Previous posts

    eXTReMe Tracker
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates